Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Pillow Cover Ever

I've decided that 2013 will be all about making items for my home.  This pillow cover has many firsts for me.

My very first pillow cover.  Yes, I've been sewing for many years and never made a pillow.  Crazy! 

My first attempt at low volume.  Not sure if I was successful or not, but I'm calling it low volume. Just go with it.  Plus I love all those text prints from my first official swap.


First hidden zipper. Although, not sure what projects would call for a hidden zipper other than a pillow cover. 

   
Can I just say it was a bit of a pain trying to line up those dots. 



First attempt at pebble quilting.  Okay, yes, they look more like loops, but if you squint really hard you can see a pebble or two.




4 comments:

  1. That looks great Norma! I love the 3D effect in the center. Did you use a pattern for the block?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Here is the link http://piecebynumber.com/pastbom/colorwheelpatt.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the colors, the piecing, the quilting...stunning! So glad I stopped in from the Swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillow cover! I've been quilting some for each of the different holidays to display on my deacon's bench on the front porch. My mailman makes comments every time a new one replaces the last one! :D

    ReplyDelete